Railing Installation in San Rafael
High quality and custom built cable railing systems for balconies, stairs, rooftops, and more.
Are you making the most of your view?
A cable railing system lets you enjoy more of it by minimizing obstructions. They’re also a great way to add real value, beauty, safety, and functionality to your property. From sleek, modern designs to more classic styles with wooden top rails and end caps, there is a cable railing system to fit every style of home.
At Bay Area Cable Railing, we install nothing but the best railing systems in San Rafael. Because we’re dedicated railing contractors, everything we do and everything we know goes into our rails, leaving you with a sturdy, stunning system that you can enjoy for decades to come.
If you want to work with the most dependable railing contractor in San Rafael, we welcome you to try Bay Area Cable Railing. We think you’ll be glad you did.
Why Choose a Cable Railing?
What is it about a cable railing system that makes it the best choice for enhancing your view, reducing your liability, and making your space more beautiful and functional?
- Strength: Our cable railing systems are made with exceptionally strong and durable marine-grade cables. They are rated to 15,000 pounds, so there is virtually no chance that they will break. Consider that the average vehicle weighs 4,000 pounds.
- No maintenance: Not only are these cables exceptionally strong, but they also are durable and don’t require maintenance beyond the occasional wipe down for dust. Our railing systems will never sag, warp, or buckle. They will simply stand tall for many years to come.
- Enhance the view:Cables are also the least visually disruptive type of railing. We can use thin cables because we use such high-end materials. Unlike glass, there’s no reflection of light to distort the view. Instead, your eye will quickly ignore the cable and focus on the view of the city beyond.
- Beauty: Cable railings can have a variety of post types, each of which can add to the atmosphere and style of your space. We can use metals with a wide variety of finishes, or one of many species of wood, to get the exact look you want for your railing.
- Security: Whether you’re a homeowner or a business, the safety of your guests is a top priority. You can rest easy knowing our cable system is guarding people against a fall.
“Tom Salas replaced a rusted out steel cable railing on our front balcony. He did an impeccable job – it looks beautiful. He took measurements on his first visit and all the materials were perfect the first time. He installed the basic railing in one day, came back to bondo and sand on another. We did the priming and painting ourselves, and called him when we were finished. He soon returned to install the cables to finish the project.”
“What impressed me as much as his work was the way he dealt with entering our house in this time of Covid19. He came into the house wearing a mask and kept a good distance from us all the time when we spoke. After his initial visit, he used a ladder to transport him and his materials to our front balcony, not coming inside our home until the final cables were installed. We really appreciated his attention to health issues. We highly recommend Tom.”
The Finest Railing Contractor in San Rafael
We believe that your railing should reflect your surroundings, personal taste, and security needs. The team at Bay Area Cable Railing pays fanatical attention to detail with every project we complete. Even if you’re located elsewhere in the North Bay, like Santa Rosa or Napa, our railing contractors will travel to you. So, give Bay Area Cable Railing a call today for a free estimate on your next project.
Our Railing Offerings
We offer two types of railing systems: steel and stainless steel. These systems are made with all-steel fasteners for significantly better performance and high quality cables that can withstand some of the toughest environmental conditions in San Rafael, or elsewhere. That includes salt spray! Discover more about these railings below.
Steel Cable Railings
When you need a sturdy but simple handrail, or a sleek deck railing, we will often recommend a steel railing. With proper fasteners, spacing, and the right aesthetic, our steel cable railings provide long-term quality and good looks for any property they are installed on. They’re low maintenance and we build them to be compliant with building codes. If you want a wood railing look, we can add wooden elements like balusters, hand rails and more.
Stainless Steel Cable Railings
Stainless steel cable is the superior option for railings. They can meet more stringent building codes for commercial spaces, or withstand more challenging environmental conditions. We make make stainless steel railings with the right design, spacing and fastening to provide exceptional strength and durability. A stainless steel railing from us is guaranteed to never warp, sag, or buckle. They provide high value to any space they are installed in, and achieve the right aesthetic to make your property shine.
How Our Railings Compare
We believe that all of our railings should improve the property we install them on. Whether its a small handrail or a major stair rail meant to hold a crowd, we don’t compromise on strength, function or beauty. That means there are some railing systems and railing materials we won’t use. That includes:
- Aluminum railing: Aluminum is not a durable enough material for use in high quality railing systems. Even using aluminum fasteners on a steel railing is an error that results in quicker corrosion and other issues.
- Glass railing: Glass railings are common, particularly as deck railings and interior railings for offices. Unfortunately, glass railings can give off glare and odd light effects that frustrate people and prevent them from enjoying the view.
- Inferior cable: We prefer to use marine-grade cable. Other types of cables, including powder-coated, galvanized steel, vinyl and more, do not provide top performance. Instead they are damaged by the sun or by water exposure, and quickly give out.
Where Can We Install a Cable Railing System?
You might have several railings on homes and commercial properties. Cable railing systems are suitable for all of these possible applications, including:
- Rooftop railings: We can mount our railings to the fascia of the roof so that you have more square footage on the top of your roof.
- Balcony railings:We can do both railings for single balconies, or all of the balconies on a multi-unit residential building.
- Stair railings: Whether they are inside or outside, stairs need strong, beautiful railings.
- Hand railings: When you need security for those walking up or down the stairs, a cable railing is an excellent option.
- Porch railings: Change your curb appeal and create a low-maintenance space with a cable railing on your porch.